Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011

In a few short hours, 2010 (or the year of wretchedness as I'll politely refer to it) will finally be over. I, for one, am welcoming 2011 with open arms. I had a horrible year, although I'm acutely aware that many more people were much less fortunate. I welcome some happiness and peace. I need to restore my optimisim!

I've been battling the worse case of stomach flu ever for over a week now. It sent me to the ER for dehydration and other things. Couple this with the fact that I am admittedly battling depression, and you have the makings for a very messy situation. However, one thing that is constant is my faith in God. He's blessed me in so many ways, and I have very little to complain about, especially upon hearing others and what they are dealing with. I'm fortunate, and I realize this to no end. I just feel as if a weight is upon my heart at this point in time. I suppose this is natural, but I'm an eternal optimist. This whole misery and depression stuff has thrown my mental state for a loop. I am quite certain that it hasn't helped my health, either. So, the one thing I am resolving is this: I'm going to take each day as it comes and let it be. Nothing more or less. It's not in my control, and the sooner I can relinquish the need to dictate my life, the better things will seem.

In closing, let me just say thank you to anyone who might be reading this tonight. I hope that you remember to keep believing in rainbows, sunshine and love. Good things do happen in this twisted world we're members of. Love each other, appreciate the gifts you've been given, and live well. God Bless.

Sincerely, and with much love,

Groovitude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here or to email me directly. Keep it respectful and decent, or I'll delete it. Thanks in advance.