Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lemons, Lemonade, and a blog Update (July 7, 2010)

Well, hello strangers! It's been a long time without me expressing my opinions, but I'm sure by now you've grown accustomed to this. I do apologize, but absence makes the heart grow fonder, no? :)

Anyway, my life has mostly been quiet for the last few weeks. It's been busy in the respect of having to work more on the weekends, and some things that happened here on the homefront. We had some unfortunate circumstances with my mother, and she has been dealt a few health setbacks. As of now, she's in good spirits, but in pain from taking a severe fall (or two) on Monday morning. At least she didn't have to be hospitalized. Hard cement floors and arthritic knees that tend to give out do NOT make a good combination. I love my family, and we're doing all we can to make things easier for her. She can walk, but it's painful, so we're bending our schedules around and making it work. She has been dealing with health things since May, when she had to be hospitalized with pneumonia, but she's a fighter who has a strong belief in God. He carries her burdens a great deal these days. My father and I are helping in caring for my little nephew, who can be a trying little guy, but what young kid isn't? I'm sure we all can remember things we've done in the past.....yeah.

The good thing that I find comes from all the tribulations and experiences in my life is this: I've never allowed myself to falter in my belief in God and all He has provided me. He has carried me through so very much, I have no doubt of his existence. My heart believes, although I do question myself at times. I sometimes feel as if I'm not doing right by God, I don't read the Bible enough, I'm not doing this or that. I have to remind myself that I'm still growing in my relationship with God, and any relationship worth having takes time to nourish and thrive. I'm not perfect, far from it, and yes, I have a lot to learn and change within myself. I'm taking the journey and keeping my footing on my path, though I tend to stumble lately. I can change that, though, and I can take control of my human frailities, rather than let them lead me down the wrong paths. That's one thing I do well. I accept that I'm not perfect or even good enough. I'm a human who messes up, sometimes royally. I do things I shouldn't, think thoughts that aren't purified, but I'm also a kind, caring, generous person who is growing spiritually and emotionally every single day. It's okay to mess up, but one has to own that. Accept the consequences, and realign ones self with what is truly valuable and necessary. I liken my life to the concept of lemons and lemonade: I am an optimistic person, but sometimes my "Lemons" overpower me and hinder my spirit. However, I'm not a quitter, and when I want to change things, I do. Hence the ability to make "lemonade", which I might add feels a whole lot better. It takes determination and faith, and the ability to see that God will always guide me, if I just allow him to do so. I'm not the one controlling my future, so I need to remember to let go and let God do what He does best. He's never failed me yet.

Now that this post has gone on forever and a day, let me just close by saying that I appreciate anyone who is reading my blog. You must have patience of Saints the way I don't always update it. The writer's block I've been bothered by is slowly fading, so maybe I'll throw more scraps your way in the future. Stay groovy.

Love,

Groovitude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here or to email me directly. Keep it respectful and decent, or I'll delete it. Thanks in advance.